Monday, March 28, 2011

I Am Worthy


Beautiful by Mercy Me


After my post earlier today, I had a 45 minute conversation on the phone with my Mom (HI MOM) about condemnation.

From time to time I hear "you need to do something to get yourself back “right” with God." Sometimes it's from others and sometimes it's from me.

These nasty little lies cause you (and I) to feel self condemnation for not being “good enough” to maintain our intimacy with God. It keeps us from feeling like a good Christian. We are constantly analyzing our actions to make sure we are not “backsliding" and to make sure we are still moving closer to God instead of away from Him.

Romans 8:38-39: 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Identifying with Christ is an item of faith for Christians. I Corinthians 1:30: But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

By God's doing we are in Christ. We might not understand, but we need to accept this as a declaration by God. When we feel self-condemned, or condemned by others, depressed, uneasy, like we are not "good enough” we must reassure ourselves of the FACTS.

Romans 8:1: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Trust the facts, Trust GOD.

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading the Screwtape Letters by (now I can't remember) and I thought he did the perfect job of showing how we ever so easily slip away from a relationship with God. I think I need to re-read that book

    ReplyDelete