Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today, My Heart Hurts


"That's What Faith Can Do" Kutless


To quote a few lyrics from the song linked above:

"Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining."

Psalm 34:18: The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Today, I said goodbye to my husband. Even though we have been separated for a few months, him moving back to Florida and leaving where we had a life together, was a little hard to swallow. I have been dreading this day for as long as I've known about it. As I drove away and left him standing on the front steps of my house, I broke down and cried. Cried for what once was, I cried for the love lost, I cried for the friendship lost, I cried for the crushed hopes and dreams of a forever together. I cried. Today, my heart hurts.

Today, at 7:20 this morning, my best friend delivered her still born baby with the umbilical cord wrapped around its neck. On Monday, we found out that the baby had died. But since she was 18 1/2 weeks pregnant, she had to deliver. I am 3 1/2 hours away and will be driving to see her this evening after I leave work. Today, my heart hurts.

Psalm 34:18: The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

I don't have anything profound to say or share today. For today, my heart hurts. Sure there are stories in the Bible about overcoming hurt and pain and weakness but I can't find one that really makes me want to say "this one, this one right here, this is it." So, I am going to share a few scriptures. I'm a big fan of the KJV of the Bible. I like to read the scripture the way that it was first taught to me. The following remind me that, "That's what faith can do" just like the song says.

• Matthew 17:20: And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

• Psalm 27:14: Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

• Luke 18:27: And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

• Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

• Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

• Deuteronomy 31:6: Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

• Matthew 5:4: Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

• Philippians 4:19: But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

• Isaiah 40:31: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

• Matthew 11:28-30: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

REMEMBER:

"Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining."

No comments:

Post a Comment