Sunday, April 10, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear?



MercyMe "Word of God Speak"


Do you hear God's voice? Would you know it if you heard it? Are you hearing your own voice in the place of God's? Hoping and praying that the prayers you are praying are answered the way you want them to be answered. In order to truly hear God's voice, we must be ready to listen to God's voice. It's possible you're hearing Him already, for He may be the one giving you the longing to hear Him.

Hebrews 4:12 says "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Open your own mouth and talk, God loves to hear us talk to Him, and he is ready, willing and able to speak to us. In conversation, we often speak to the other person, then listen for a response. Once we've prepared our hearts to listen through prayer, it's the same with God. Now, remember that we may not actually "hear" the voice of God like we would the neighbor speak in a conversation, but He speaks to us in many ways. Through his word, through our thoughts, through conversations with others, through circumstances and the list goes on and on. Keep listening.

Are you not hearing anything? Is everything silent? Let His silence remind you that even when you can’t sense His presence that His silence has a redemptive purpose in your life. He is always there for you. Are you listening?

I've recently been trying to find my freedom. I need to break free of anything that’s holding me in bondage. As I slowly become more and more free, I find it easier to hear from God. I refuse to listen to voices that defeat me. I'm giving up my own efforts to run my life and trusting God. Ask God to help you learn to wait, rest, and be content, so you’ll be able to surrender and hear his voice. Keep listening.

I'm learning that often times, God only reveals part of the full message when he speaks. He knows what to say, and when to say it. You might think you are ready to hear everything RIGHT NOW, but he knows that you’re not ready to hear everything. Trust in God to tell you the rest when the time is right. Choose to trust God even when you don’t understand what He’s doing. Whenever He leads you to join Him in His work, decide to obey, and He will keep leading you. Keep listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment