Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm Ready


Third Day "Revelation"


Chorus:

Give me a revelation,
Show me what to do
Cause I've been trying to find my way,
I haven't got a clue
Tell me should I stay here,
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I've got nothing without You
I've got nothing without You.

Each morning as I fight to get out of bed I try to stop and look around and thank God for everything I have. Sure, I might be a little heartbroken right now, but I am blessed. There is a little saying that says "Too blessed to be stressed, too annointed to be disappointed." Say it. Next time you are feeling overwhelmed say those words.

I've lived a pretty interesting life so far in my (clearing throat) 37 years. I've worked hard to get where I am today. Yes, I did a lot of it without living a life of faith. I've always believed. I once followed close. I also at once time didn't follow at all. But here I am, finding my way. I'm ready for a revelation.

I have a college education that I earned while going to school full time and working full time.

I have an amazing home, not just a house, but a home. And it is in my name only. I'm not renting, I'm buying.

I have an amazing career (not just a job) but a career that I love and that makes me proud when I see the results of what we do.

I have an amazing Mother (HI MOM) who is a woman of faith, that loves me and supports me through it all even though she lives 900+ miles away.

I could go on and on about the things that I have. But, I would have nothing without God.

"Open thou my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law." Psalms 119:18. The song linked above says GIVE ME A REVELATION. We know that a Revelation can be historical or scriptural or both. But... a revelation can also be personal. God's revealing activities are redemptive. They have a purpose, just like everything he does. God give revelations to people so that he might bring them back to him. So that he can be in our hearts and our minds. "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6.

Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Are you listening? Can you hear him knocking?

I'm hungry and I'm thirsty. Are you? Are you ready for your revelation?

No comments:

Post a Comment