Thursday, April 14, 2011

He Is The Air I Breathe



MICHAEL W. SMITH - "BREATHE"


Listen to "Breathe" by Michael W. Smith. The praise and worship team sang this song before Bible study last night. There is something about just standing in the presence of God and his people in his house singing the following words.

"this is the air I breathe
this is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me

this is my daily bread
this is my daily bread
Your very word spoken to me

And I, I'm desperate for you
And I, I'm lost without you."

Today has been a long day. I woke up tired. I didn't sleep well last night and I woke up feeling empty and lonely. I was running late and I've been swamped with work all day long. One thing after another. I've stopepd a few times and taken deep breaths just to remain calm enough to make it through. Just when you think that you might be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel you step back a little into the darkness and your chest hurts and you cry out.

I'm desperate for you, I'm lost without you.

I read these verses last night as I was sitting down with my Bible just searching for his word to comfort me. Psalm 119:169-176: 169 Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word. 170 Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word. 171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes. 172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. 173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts. 174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight. 175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me. 176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments."

I'm desperate for you, I'm lost without you.

Be honest here, are you desperate for anything? And in your desperation of anything, are you desperate for God? Have you filled your heart and mind up with junk that keeps you from being desperate enough for God? Can you close your eyes and pray and say to him, I'm desperate for you, I'm lost without you?

Ephesians 1:18-20: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.

Is he the air that you breathe?

No comments:

Post a Comment